Come Grow With Us: A Culture of Goodness
We started in 2006 with seven farmers. We didn’t know what our model was going to look like. We knew our farmers weren’t making ends meet so something had to change. We wanted to find a model supporting hyper local produce (within 20 miles) and we wanted to work with our farmer’s capacities of what they could produce.
Our farmers were running into each other at the same restaurants and cities trying to sell their product. The chefs didn’t want to buy eggplants and onions from one farmer because they were purchasing produce from the farmer’s neighbor! That’s when we decided on a co-op model and became Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative. Our farmers are the owners of the co-op which means they are invested.
Today we proudly support approximately 300 plus farmers a year consisting of both members and nonmembers. We are committed to organic practices and to cultivating rich, healthy soil which only continues to spread the goodness.
We are a farmer’s cooperative nonprofit – not a 501 (c3) nonprofit. This means any money made above and beyond overhead at the end of the year allows LFFC’s board of directors (comprised of member farmers) to decide where it goes – whether the money will be used for expansion or back to the individual farmers!
If you are interested in directly impacting an organic farming community and small scale agriculture, come grow with us!
We are an awesome community of
- Farmers and their children (many of whom are now second generation farmers – very cool!)
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) shareholders
- Customers and clients who support our mission
- Team members and their families
…all of us devoted to eating fresh, organic food. This goodness ripples out and changes people’s lives, our communities and the future of our planet!
Thanks to the many hard-working hands within our co-op, we are a rapidly growing cooperative!
If you dig…..
- Breaking barriers
- Keeping farmers farming
- Doing what it takes
- Expanding a community through positive change
….consider applying today!
We are proud to offer our full time team members the following benefits:
- Medical insurance options
- Dental insurance options
- Vision insurance options
- Simple IRA with matching funds after one year of service
- Complimentary summer CSA share
- Paid Time Off
To Begin the Application Process:
- Select an application portal below
- You will be required to create an account as part of the application process
- This may take up to 20 minutes to complete, so make sure you give yourself enough time.
You are welcome to follow up with a phone call, however due to the volume of applications, we are not able to respond to each one personally. Know your application has been received and you will be contacted if there is a match between your talents, experience and skills with the position for which you have applied. We thank you for your interest and your application!